Police and fire officials responded to report of a fire and explosion at a Michael Terrace residence Sept. 8, according to the Washington Township Police Department.
A resident of the home had a disposable flammable butane tank in his bedroom attempting to refill a butane lighter. He left his bedroom and joined family members downstairs when the explosion occurred, police said.
No injuries were reported. The fire was extinguished by the Washington Township Fire Department. The Gloucester County Bomb Squad responded along with the Washington Township Building inspector.
Construction officials deemed the home uninhabitable. The investigation is ongoing.