Delran veterans, surviving spouses can receive property tax deduction

On Nov. 3, an amendment to the State Constitution was approved by ballot vote. This amendment provides that an honorably discharged veteran residing in New Jersey, or their surviving spouses, no longer need to serve during a specific war period or other emergency to receive the annual $250 property tax deduction.

Honorably discharged veterans and their surviving spouses can access the application at

Please provide a copy of following as proof of qualification for this deduction:

1. Copy of Form – DD214

2. Copy of New Jersey Driver’s License

In addition to the above, a widow of a veteran must include:

1. Copy of the Veteran’s Death Certificate

If you have any additional questions or need assistance in completing the application, please contact the assessor’s or collector’s office at (856) 461-7736 or via email at

If you are already receiving a wartime service veteran deduction, you do not need to reapply.