Cooper University Health Care’s newly renovated Urgent Care Center on Route 70 in Cherry Hill reopened to patients on Monday, June 1.
“The re-opening of Cooper Urgent Care-Cherry Hill is an important reminder to put your health first,” said Jillian C. Smith, MD, medical director of Cooper’s Urgent Care services. “It’s never a good idea to place your health on hold, especially if it is an urgent matter, and visiting Cooper’s Urgent Care Centers has never been easier or safer.”
To protect patients and staff, Cooper has adopted a multi-level screening process for everyone who enters any of its ambulatory offices and buildings to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Patients can schedule urgent care appointments online. Additionally, Cooper has instituted enhanced precautions to ensure the health of our patients, including:
· Patients are given the option to wait in their cars our outside of the office and receive a call or text when their room is available.
· Everyone entering a Cooper facility will be given a mask, if they don’t already have one.
· Everyone is screened for symptoms of illness.
· Waiting areas have appropriate space for physical distancing and Plexiglas barriers have been installed at registration areas.
· Ample supply of hand sanitizers available in all facilities.
· All exam rooms, surfaces, and equipment are thoroughly sanitized and cleaned between patients.
· Magazines, brochures, and other items in waiting areas and patient rooms have been removed.
In addition to the Cherry Hill location, Cooper operates Urgent Care Centers in Cinnaminson and Audubon, all offering treatment to children and adults for an array of medical conditions including colds and flu, seasonal allergies, cuts, breaks and sprains, fevers and all other non-life-threatening conditions. COVID-19 testing is not available at Cooper’s Urgent Care Centers.
Each center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday, holidays from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., and are staffed by expert, board-certified Emergency Medicine physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. X-ray services are available on site. For more information or to schedule an appointment online, visit https://www.cooperhealth.org/services/urgent-care-center.