Samaritan will hold its annual Celebration of Life Gala, presented by Holman Enterprises, on Saturday, Feb. 10, at 6 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. The event will feature food, live music by Masquerade, dancing and more. Meteorologist Kathy Orr of FOX 29 News will serve as emcee.
Each year, Samaritan honors individuals and organizations at the gala who are dedicated in their service to the organization, as well as the greater South Jersey community. Samaritan is proud to announce its 2024 honorees:
- Jack and Barbara Tarditi of Haddonfield, New Jersey. Senior partner at Conner Strong & Buckelew, Jack previously served as mayor and director of public safety for the borough of Haddonfield. Jack’s many roles include service on the Cooper Foundation Board, Trustee of the Salvation Army – Camden Kroc Community Center, Board Chair of Symphony in C, and founding member and Chair of Camden Schools Foundation, while also serving on the Haddonfield Educational Trust. A founding trustee of the Community Foundation of South Jersey, he is now an Emeritus Trustee.
- Kyle Ruffin of Hainesport, New Jersey, is a former trustee of the Community Foundation of South Jersey, the author of “In Stroke’s Shadow: My Caregiver Story,” and president and founding member of Impact100 South Jersey. Ruffin’s community service has included support for the African American Heritage Museum of Southern New Jersey, Hispanic Family Center of Southern NJ, Settlement Music School, and Virtua Health. She currently serves on Samaritan’s Board Inclusion and Diversity Committee.
- Marcum, LLP of Mount Laurel, New Jersey, demonstrates their commitment to South Jersey through support of the Community Foundation of New Jersey, Virtua Health Foundation, the Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation, the Jewish Community Center and many other charities. Additionally, Marcum’s Co-Managing Partner, Lee Sheilds, currently serves on the Investment & Finance Committee of Samaritan’s volunteer board of trustees.
This year’s gala will also feature the following:
- Delightful Dining Raffle – sponsored by Innovative Benefit Planning, this raffle offers the chance to win 12 $100 restaurant gift certificates (valued at a total of $1,200) to some of the area’s finest eateries, for just $10 per ticket. Two raffle winners will be announced during the gala.
- Virtual Online Auction – featuring a variety of specialty items for bid, from trips and travel packages to gift baskets, sports memorabilia, brand-name items and more. The online auction will open for bidding on Sunday, Feb. 4.
Tickets for the raffle and access to the online auction are available at www.SamaritanNJ.org/Gala.
For additional information visit www.SamaritanNJ.org/Gala.