Hello and Happy Spring, Neighbors!
This year marked the first time that the Borough & Partnership for Haddonfield hosted two Women’s History Month Events, both focused on the prominence and unique needs of women+ within our community – The First Annual Women’s Health Symposium, and the upcoming Women’s History Month Networking, which will be held on Thursday, March 28 from 5 to 7:30 PM at the Haddon Fortnightly (301 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, NJ 08033). Tickets can be purchased online at www.downtownhaddonfield.com
This event is open to all, and I hope to see you there!
Our Women’s Health Symposium was held on March 9 at Borough Hall, featuring local practitioners Dr. Kay Yoon-Flannery, DO, MPH, FACS, FACOS; Dr. Monica Boyle, MD, FAAD; Jennifer Bidey, APN, DNP; and Dr. Tracy Persily, DO. We tackled heavy topics like dense breast tissue & mammograms, skin cancer prevention, pharmacology, vaccinations, gender-affirming care, and mental health. In addition to the wealth of information that was shared by our panel of medical experts, we also had frank and comical conversations about social media trends, cosmetic procedures and more. Next up will be a medical & public safety panel devoted to families, with a focus on summer vacation; topics will include how to prevent injuries & drowning, and much more. Stay tuned to Borough social media as we confirm details.
And be sure to mark your calendars now for these Events & Public Affairs Campaigns:
- Earth Day Poster Contest (open to all students in grades K-12): Deadline for entries is April 1. Learn more: www.downtownhaddonfield.com
- Girls’ Night Out in Downtown Haddonfield: April 20
- Earth Day Festivities: April 20 to 23
- String Band Parade: A Serenade to Camden County: April 29
- Haddonfield Health & Wellness Festival: Saturday, May 6 (Wellness Weekend extends from May 4 through May 7) *This year we will have the HMHS gym as an indoor, backup location in the event of inclement weather, thanks to the Haddonfield School District!*
We also have the return of the Haddonfield Farmer’s Market and the Annual Memorial Day Parade to look forward to in May!
Along with welcoming visitors from across the region to our events, we’ve reaffirmed our commitment to giving back by partnering with area non-profits each month. During the months of March & April, these include the Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative, LUCY Outreach and Project Help. Please consider dropping off the following items to Borough Hall:
- Diapers, wipes & baby toiletries for new parents;
- Pads, Tampons & period products for teens & young adults; and
- Personal hygiene products for at-risk veterans.
Containers are clearly marked within Borough Hall, which is open from 8:30AM-4:30PM.
Thank you in advance for your generosity, and your participation in all that makes our Borough of Haddonfield such a wonderful place to call home!
Don’t forget to download our latest tech tool, which facilitates transparency:
The Haddonfield Happenings app for Apple & Android devices. Use the app to stay up-to-date on trash & recycling collection, road closures & emergency repairs. And continue to follow the Borough on social media for photos, updates & public notices, especially as we work to finalize the new website (going “live” date: TBD!).
Mayor Colleen Bianco Bezich