To ensure that residents have access to necessary medical care, the Camden County Department of Health and Human Services will be offering free adult health screenings at two locations next week and will also be traveling across the county to administer COVID-19 vaccines.
“These screenings are a great opportunity for those who aren’t able to make it to a doctor’s office to check up on their health,” said Commissioner Virginia Betteridge, liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services. “Additionally, we are going to continue our vaccine pop up clinics to ensure everyone is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines. Please look at the schedule and consider stopping by one of our locations.”
The adult health screenings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 21 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Wendy Supermarket 3325 Westfield Ave, in Camden and from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Luz Groceries 3920 Westfield Ave, Pennsauken Township.
The adult health screenings include:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cancer risk assessment
- Nutrition counseling
- Cholesterol screenings (total cholesterol only)
- Diabetes screening (Fast for 12 hours, eat a hearty meal before you start the fast and take nothing by mouth from then except water or medication until after the test.)
For any questions, please contact Bonnie Arrojo at (856)-739-6544 or Margie Camacho (856)-374-5127.
Vaccination sites for the week of March 20 are as follows:
- South Camden Food Market, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., 700 Pine Street, Camden 08103
- Litwins Market, 12:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., 801 Elm St, Camden 08102
- Town Hall/Voorhees Town Center, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., 2220 Voorhees Town Center, Voorhees 08043
- Camden Treatment Associates, 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 508 Atlantic Ave, Camden 08104
- Sacred Heart/ Mighty Writers, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., 1801 Broadway Camden, 08104
- Clementon Food Pantry, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 33 Berlin Rd, Clementon, NJ 08021
- United Methodist Haddon Heights, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 704 Garden St, Haddon Heights 08035
Walk-Ins are welcome at all locations, but if you would like to send information to make an appointment, please send your name and date of birth to either of the following emails:
In addition to these locations, the Camden County Health Hub continues to provide vaccines from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. You can make an appointment at the Camden County Health Hub by visiting www.CamdenCountyVaccine.com.