The Haddonfield Japan Exchange is ready to resume after several years of postponements due to the COVID virus.
This summer Haddonfield students will be visiting, Sendai Ikuei Gakuen, one of the most prestigious high schools in Japan. For about two weeks the Haddonfield students will be living with Japanese host families, whose values are basically the same as families here in Haddonfield. The language and customs may be different, but there are more similarities than differences.
Applications are still being accepted until Dec. 31. If you are selected to join those who have already been selected, you will be required to attend classes on Japanese customs, culture, and the Japanese language on a regular basis, beginning in January 2023.
The total cost of this trip is the cost of the airfare, which is yet to be determined, plus some small expenses for group gifts, etc.
The trip will be chaperoned by two local adults during the travel times as well as on the daily trips provided by Sendai Ikuei Gakuen High School, at other times you will be with your Japanese host families who will also provide local family activities.
Why should you apply for this opportunity?
- It will be the trip of a lifetime for you, many former students have developed lifetime International friendships.
- It may provide you with your first experience of International travel.
- It will mature you as a young adult.
- It will provide you with a clear understanding of cultural differences.
5.It will provide you with an education that you cannot obtain through books.
- It will have a very positive effect when you submit a college entrance application.
To apply, simply go to https://www.hjex.org/, and obtain an application.