The First Annual Mayor’s Wellness Campaign Student Art Contest and Exhibit is officially underway! Join the Borough in celebrating this year’s theme: “Emerging from Isolation and Embracing Community,” by submitting a work of art.
All Haddonfield students in elementary, middle, and high school grades are encouraged to participate in this contest by submitting an image of an original piece of art inspired by the theme. Students must be Haddonfield residents but do not have to attend school within the Haddonfield School District.
Original works of art inspired by the theme in any of the following media may be entered into the contest: paintings, drawings, pastels, fabrics, sculptures, photographs, or mixed media.
Submissions will be accepted online through 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 23. Once entered, the artwork will become part of the virtual exhibit, showcasing Haddonfield youth’s artistic talent, creativity, and resiliency. The Exhibit will go live at the Haddonfield Health and Wellness Festival on Oct. 1 and winners will be announced that day.
Be a part of our Borough’s history and artistic tradition by sharing your works of art! Mayor’s Wellness Campaign Student Art Contest and Exhibit Rules:
- Participants enter by emailing an image (JPG format preferred) of their artwork to email@example.com and filling out the attached form to provide information about their art, which includes permission to use the image.
- All artwork must be submitted by 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 23, 2022. • Only digital submissions will be accepted; no in-person submissions are permitted. • One submission per student.
- Any original work inspired by the theme Emerging from Isolation and Embracing Community, expressed in paintings, drawings, pastels, photographs, fabrics, sculpture, and mixed media, may be entered into the Contest & Exhibition.
- Entries are judged on the use of color, originality, creativity, and representation of the theme or age-appropriate concepts related to the theme (i.e., for grades K-2, this may be a representation of family or classmates playing together at their favorite playground).
- Contest categories include Grades K to 2, Grades 3 to 5, Grades 6 to 8, and High School. • All works will be included in a virtual exhibit that will go live on Oct. 1, 2022. Winners of each category will have the opportunity to showcase their artwork in person at a future Mayor’s Wellness Campaign Event.•
By entering the contest, each student artist (parent/guardian) gives permission for the Borough and the Partnership for Haddonfield (PfH) to use images of the work on the Borough and/or PfH website, social media, swag, and print media.
Questions about the contest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.@haddonfield-nj.gov.