Fire protection tips for pets

The Deptford Township Fire Department released a few tips for pet owners to keep their pets safe in the event of a fire or to prevent a fire.

- Advertisement -

Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters.

Consider battery-operated, flameless candles. They can look and smell like real candles.

Have a pet-free zone of at least 3 feet (1 meter) away from the fireplace.

Put a rescue alert sticker in your window to notify emergency response workers. Never go back inside for pets in a fire.

- Advertisment -