Each year, the Rotary Club of Haddonfield Foundation provides financial assistance to deserving students in Camden County who are planning to further their education in a university, college or vocational setting. Since first making its awards in 2002, the Foundation has provided scholarships with a total value of $265,000.
On May 11, 10 local students received scholarships.
Recipients included the following:
- Alexandra Guazzone-HMHS (Academic Scholarship),
- Faith Heine-HMHS (Academic Scholarship),
- Luke Hargrove-HMHS (William H. Bromley Scholarship),
- Timothy Schafle-Rutgers University (US Military Veteran Scholarship).
- Livia Kam-Moorestown Friends (Alice Downs Scholarship for Young Violinists),
- Hannah Epstein-HMHS (Academic Scholarship),
- Janasia White-Camden Catholic (Robert M. Oberholzer Scholarship),
- Daisy Pina-Camden Catholic (Academic Scholarship),
- Zion Lee-HMHS (Academic Scholarship),
- Jada Scott- Urban Promise (Robert M. Oberholzer Scholarship).
The award recipients are selected by a committee of four professionals. The committee reviews the applications based upon the students financial need, GPA, recommendation letter from their school and student essay. Particular consideration is given to students who understand the mission of Rotary International: providing service to others, promoting high ethical standards and advancing world understanding, goodwill and peace.
“We congratulate each of the scholarship recipients for 2022 and wish them continued success in their future studies,” said Mary Ann Bigelow, Rotary Club of Haddonfield Foundation Chair.