The Gloucester County Board of Commissioners and the Department of Parks and Recreation are hosting events through April for the whole family.
“Our parks are some of the hidden jewels of the county. As spring ramps up, you won’t want to miss your opportunity to visit the parks for some of our events or maybe just a walk around the grounds,” said Director Frank J. DiMarco.
All park events are free to the public, but some require pre-registration.
“Spring is just a preview of all the great things we have planned in our parks. We’ve got a jam-packed schedule for everyone to enjoy,” said Commissioner Jim Jefferson, liaison to the Department of Parks and Recreation.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- Tuesday, April 5: Discovery Walk at Scotland Run Park from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 7: Spring Paddle* at Scotland Run Park from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, April 9: Trout season begins
- Saturday, April 9: Spring Festival at Red Bank Battlefield from noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12: Discovery Walk at Scotland Run Park from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 21: Nature at Night* at Scotland Run Park from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 23: Earth Day event at Scotland Run Park from noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26: Discovery Walk at Scotland Run Park from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
* Event is FREE but registration is requested: https://secure.rec1.com/NJ/gloucester-county-nj/catalog
If you have questions about some of the programs or need assistance registering, please reach out to the Gloucester County Department of Parks and Recreation at (856) 881-0845 or email email@example.com.