Deptford Township is now accepting applications for the 2022 Volunteer Hall of Fame. Open to all volunteers who meet the criteria attached. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible via the link here: https://bit.ly/3rP1KPp
In an effort to recognize, honor and thank volunteers who have served with one organization for fifteen years, the township has created a “Volunteer Hall of Fame.” In recognizing their service to their organization, we acknowledge their service to the community of Deptford Township as a whole.
As we continue the process of induction into the “Volunteer Hall of Fame” we are asking for the help of Township organizations in compiling a list of worthy inductees. The criteria for candidacy is listed below. Please be sure that nominees meet all eligibility requirements. Thank you in advance for your help in this process.
- 15 years of service to one organization.
- Organization must be based in Deptford Township and serve its residents.
- Organizations include, but not limited to Youth Sports, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Firefighters, township board and committee members.
- Organizations need not be currently operating as long as they meet all other criteria.
- Eligible volunteers may include deceased, retired, and current volunteers.
- School District organizations and Sports will not be included.
- 2021 is the cutoff date for this incoming class (nominees must have served their 15 years continuously before, and or up to, this year).
- Candidates’ backgrounds outside of their service to the organization will be included in eligibility consideration.
- Nominations should be made by Organizations elected officials with input from the general membership.
- All nominees’ eligibility will be determined by the “Hall of Fame” committee.
- All organizations should use careful consideration when selecting candidates for enshrinement.
- Each organization may submit up to 10 nominees in a given year. Each Fire Company may submit up to 10 nominees in a given year.
- Organizations will be notified if candidates are accepted and where and when the ceremony will take place.
- Inductees name and years of service will be inscribed on a plaque to be displayed in the Township Municipal Building.
- Forms must be returned by Feb. 18.
- Please attach any supporting documentation such as minutes from meetings.
- Any questions, call (856)845-0804 or email email@example.com