While the state and the county are starting to experience less of a demand for testing and the latest surge of the omicron variant of Covid-19 starts to recede the testing locations at the Camden County Health Hub in Blackwood and 2600 Mt. Ephraim Avenue in Camden will operate under new hours beginning next week.
As of Monday, Jan. 24, testing will be available on Mondays from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Camden County Complex located at 2600 Mt. Ephraim Avenue in Camden City. This will be a saliva test and no appointment is needed. Testing will also be available on Thursdays at the same time at the Health Hub and no appointment is needed.
“Testing is still one of the most important tools we have next to the vaccine and we are committed to continuing to provide easily accessible testing options to our residents when they need it,” Commissioner Director Louis Cappelli Jr. said. “However, now that the dust has settled a bit from the latest surge of COVID-19 and demand for tests have dropped, we need to consolidate resources, so we’re not stretched too thin.”
Testing is also available at:
- Cooper University Hospital, which is located the intersection of Broadway and Stevens Street in Camden, from 9:15 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. No appointment necessary.
- Cooper Specialty Care at Cherry Hill will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. This is by appointment only and you must be asymptomatic to be tested.
- You can schedule your COVID-19 test at Cooper by using our online scheduling tool at this link.
- CAMCare Health Corporation has three sites where its testing residents by appointment and accepting walkups- the schedule and appointments can be made here: https://www.camcare.net/covid-info. You can also call (856) 583-2400.
- CAMCare Gateway Health Center is hosting testing at 817 Federal Street, Camden, NJ 08103.
- CAMCare East is hosting testing at 2610 Federal Street, Camden, NJ 08105.
- CAMCare Clementon is hosting testing at 121 White Horse Pike, Clementon, NJ 08021.
In addition to these county testing options the state Department of Health is also offering a mail in option. They have partnered with the same test provider, Vault Medical Services, to distribute free, at home COVID-19 tests by mail to all residents who need them. The new program is in addition to traditional testing operated at designated testing sites.
You can order a test by going to learn.vaulthealth.com/nj. The kits are shipped through UPS with next-day delivery and once you receive it, you will hold a Zoom call with a Vault health care professional to guide you through the test and answer your questions. You then send the test back in pre-paid packaging through UPS’ next-day delivery and you must drop off the package at a UPS site or dropbox. Results should be back to you within 24 to 48 hours.
Also, the federal government is providing free rapid tests for every home in the nation. You can get them by going to this site https://www.covidtests.gov/. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free. Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days.
The hours of operation for the vaccine clinic will continue running from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays.