Since last year’s reorganization meeting, the Haddonfield board of education has undergone a number of changes.
Board members Tom Vecchio, sworn in at last year’s reorganization session, and Susan Kutner stepped down in November and were replaced by Megan Hollingworth and Greg Esemplare.
Former Board President Adam Sangillo also stepped down in September and board member Jaime Grookett filled his position. Then in November, Sangillo passed away after five years on the board, leaving another empty seat to be filled.
At the Jan. 6 reorganization meeting, Business Administrator and Board Secretary Michael Catalano swore in three board members for three-year terms: Hollingworth, who was sworn in last November; Stephanie Benecchi; and Rachael Brown. That brought the board back to nine members.
Grookett was reelected as board president and Linda Hochgertel as vice president. Grookett starts her first full term as president, after stepping up in October when Sangillo resigned. No other members were nominated for the positions.
In recognition of Sangillo’s passing, Hochgertel presented an award that recognized his dedication and service to the district and community, an honor accepted by his family.
In other news;
The board made numerous appointments for 2022:
- Dr. Carmen Henderson as Coordinator for Section 504 of the National Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Michael Catalano as Public Agency Compliance Officer, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Officer, School Wellness District Coordinator, District Purchasing Agent, “Right to Know” Officer and District Custodian of Records,
- Dr. Gino Priolo and Tracy Matozzo as Affirmative Action Officers,
- Priolo as the Local Educational Agency Liaison for Homeless Children and Youths, School District Policy Coordinator,
- Richard Sparks as the Integrated Pest Management Coordinator,
- Tim McFerren as District Asbestos Management Officer, District Indoor Air Quality Designee, District Chemical Hygiene Officer, DIstrict Toxic Hazard Preparedness Officer, District AHERA Coordinator
- Sandra Horwitz as District Safety and Health Designee
- Kristin Latigona as District Alternate Custodian of Records
- Shannon Simkus as District Department of Children and Family Liaison