For most people, holidays are happy, festive times of year. But, for those facing holidays after the loss of a loved one, they can be lonely and emotionally very difficult to handle. Holidays or not, it is important to find a way to take care of yourself.
To help the South Jersey community cope with the loss of a loved one, The Samaritan Center for Grief Support is providing a virtual Coping With Holidays support group. This online workshop is complementary and facilitated by trained professionals.
Pre-registration for a virtual session is required by calling (856) 596-8550 or emailing at CFGcounseling@SamaritanNJ.org.
For additional information about coping, communication, compassion for self and others, as well as suggestions for self-care and holiday-related concerns, register for any one of the following 90-minute sessions outlined below:
- Thursday, November 18 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 20 – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, November 22 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 7 – 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 11 – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 15 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 18 – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 21 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 29 – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Please note, sessions are subject to change. For additional information, please visit: samaritannj.org/resources/coping/.