Release Courtesy of Burlington County:
EASTAMPTON – The Burlington County Commissioners announced the winners of the 2021 Burlington County Senior Art Show and remained art enthusiasts that there is still time to enjoy all the submitted works on exhibit at Historic Smithville Park.
The 12 winners were selected from both professional and non-professional artists and a variety of categories, and all 23 submissions remain on display now through Sunday at the Worker’s House Gallery, which is located within the park adjacent to Smithville Manion.
The gallery is open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM and on Sunday from noon to 4 PM.
“The arts offer a wonderful creative outlet for residents of all ages, and our Board is incredibly proud to provide this showcase for our many talented senior artists who call Burlington County home,” said Commissioner Director Felicia Hopson. “On behalf of our entire Board, I want to both congratulate the winners and thank all the artists who submitted their work for us to share and enjoy. There’s still time to see these incredible creations up close and in a beautiful setting, so we encourage anyone who hasn’t visited the exhibit at Smithville to do so this weekend before the show ends.”
This year marked the sixth Senior Art Show organized by the Burlington County Office on Aging, the Burlington County Department of Human Services and the Burlington County Division of Parks.
The selected winners will be sent to the New Jersey Senior Art Show, which will be held virtually on the website, www.njseniorarts.com, from October 29 until the end of December.
The Burlington County winners selected for the New Jersey show are as follows:
- Frank Herron, ‘Winter Diamonds’, Photography
- Elaine Trackman, ‘Sidewalk’, Watercolor
- Nancy Gower, ‘Utah Dreaming’, Acrylic
- Joseph Levinsky, ‘Brothers’, Mixed Media
- Louis Petti, ‘Nourishment’, Pastel
- Laura Ginsberg, ‘Starburst’, Craft
- Maria Morales, ‘Translucence’, Mixed Media
- Carol Fitzpatrick, ‘Oranges, Brass and Glass’, Oil
- Lydia Congiu, ‘Tree Tranquility’, Drawing
- R.J. Haas, ‘Lower Bank #1”, Acrylic
- Vero Ricci, ‘Gordon”, Pencil
- Joan Wheeler, ‘Red Barn’, Photography
A slide show of the Burlington County selections can also be viewed on the County website at https://www.co.burlington.nj.us/434/Aging.