Mayor Gary Catrambone, Councilman Lynn Jeney, and I cannot believe we are already 100 days into our term. Along with all of Township Council, we are pushing an aggressive legislative agenda and working tirelessly for the greater good of the community. I am proud of our accomplishments to date. This is just the beginning, and the future looks bright.
In the first 100 days, we have accomplished:
• Established the Communication Committee to recommend ways to improve our communication with residents. Council adopted their recommendations and will be implementing them shortly!
• Began reevaluating our zoning laws to allow cannabis sales and growth.
• Prioritized opening space by approving a referendum vote to extend the local open space tax another 25 years.
• Established a Tree Ordinance Committee to draft a new ordinance that will hold developers accountable for leveling acres of trees. The new law will require payment to a “tree bank” so we can replant trees throughout the community.
• Modernized numerous ordinances, including the snow emergency and pay-to-play (many more to come).
• Introduced a budget with a zero tax increase.
• Organized and authorized a significant road repaving program with PSE&G and NJAW. They are paving the roads (mostly in Ward 1), while we are performing $430,000 in concrete work.
• Welcomed in Community Solar, who will install solar panels on warehouses and provide electricity to low-to-moderate income families.
• Welcomed in Amazon to Delran Parkway.
• Appointed Marlowe Smith to Ward 3 Council – our first black Councilman!
• Joined the Delran Fire Department and Delran Emergency Squad at their ice water rescue training.
• Joined the Delran Defenders in their annual Polar Bear Plunge to raise money for the Special Olympics.