The Haddon Fortnightly Evening Membership Department (EMD) is asking for your assistance. We are collecting used or new clothing and household goods that are in good condition. These items will be sold to a Thrift Shop that sells them to others at a nominal cost.
The pandemic has caused the EMD to cancel all our usual fundraisers. In order to raise funds to maintain our building and to support local and national charities, we are trying some unconventional approaches to fundraising.
Our members are collecting clothing and household goods for this project. We are inviting our community to support this fundraiser. So – please look through your closets, attics, basements and garages – and pack up the items that you no longer need. Please deliver them to us in sealed cardboard boxes or tied bags. We will be at the Haddon Fortnightly, wearing masks, on Jan. 26 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Jan. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to receive your donations. Please wear your masks. Our address is 301 Kings Highway East, at the corner of Grove Street.
We can accept the following items:
- Clothing and shoes all sizes (men’s, women’s, children’s and babies’) styles, and seasons of clothing and shoes (sandals, boots, sneakers and dress shoes).
- Accessories: including pocketbooks, purses, totes, school bags, backpacks, wallets, belts, ties, scarves, hats gloves.
- Household linens: blankets, bedspreads, comforters, quilts, bed sheets, towels, shower curtains, window curtains and draperies, tablecloths, pillows.
- Soft toys: stuffed animals and dolls.
- Hard toys (smaller than 24”x24”x24”) and games
- Housewares kitchen, office, garage, decorative & holiday items 24″ or smaller.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Furniture or mattresses
- Electronics or appliances
- Wet, smoke damaged or mildewed items
Please call Tina at (609) 941-5103, if you have any questions.