The holidays, recognized around the world by Christians, Jews and Muslims, are upon us. This is the time of year when special emphasis is placed on appreciating all of the blessings the Lord has given us.
As we all know, this has been a year of great challenges and, for some of us, horrible tragedies. This is a time for us to reconnect with God, our families, friends and neighbors.
For those with heavy hearts at this time, please remember that for every drop of rain that falls, a new flower will grow. Your neighbors understand and share your sadness and sorrow and we pray for you and your loved ones.
For those who have not suffered in this way, I ask that you continue to support our local churches, all of which have been actively supporting our neighbors in need. Thank you also to Boys and Girls Scouts. Along with our neighbors, you have filled the food banks again this year!
Here’s what I have learned this year:
- Always stay humble and kind
- Don’t hold a grudge
- Pull people up and help the next person behind you
- Hold the door open even when the person you last did that for appeared not to appreciate it
- Be grateful for the blessings we have been given
- Listen more than you talk
- Get 20 minutes of sunshine on your eyes
- Do something kind for someone, every day.
On behalf of the Shamong Township Council members, we wish all of our employees and neighbors a happy and prosperous holiday season.
I personally thank you for the trust you have placed in me and it has been an honor and a privilege to have been your Mayor again this past year where we have accomplished so many of our goals. Merry Christmas, keep smiling!
Mayor Michael Di Croce