The following release was shared by Delran Township:
On behalf of the Office of Mayor Ken Paris, the Township Administration, Delran Township Police Department and all Delran Township Public Schools we are advising residents to make necessary precautions during the holiday season to protect themselves, their families and the Township against the virus that causes COVID-19.
Overall the Township has reported 591 cases, with more than half coming within the last 80 calendar days.
During the holiday season we ask that each resident consider the following recommendations to preserve their own health:
• Stay home when you are sick
• Avoid/Limit interactions with people that are sick
• Wear a face mask when leaving your home
• Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet apart
• Avoid gatherings that extend outside of your family circle. By limiting close contact with individuals outside your home you will lower the risk of transmitting COVID-19. Individuals with COVID-19 may not have symptoms therefore they may not realize they are spreading the virus.
• If a household member has been exposed to COVID-19 or is symptomatic and requires COVID-19 testing, the entire household should remain home awaiting COVID-19 test results and direction from your healthcare provider and the Department of Health.