For more than 60 years, the “Citizen of the Year Award” has recognized a Moorestown resident who has significantly contributed to the quality of life in our community and the betterment of its citizens and has done so by virtue of their leadership and participation in voluntary community service activities.
This is your opportunity to nominate a person whom you believe should be considered for the 2021 Moorestown Citizen of the Year Award.
Please contact Jeffd@resourcerenewal.com for a nomination form and submit your nomination in either hard copy to: Moorestown Community House (attn. Service Club Council), 16E Main Street, Moorestown, NJ 08057 or in email / electronic format to: email@example.com.
All nominations must be submitted to the Service Club Council by Dec. 31. The council will announce their selection in January 2021. The Citizen of the Year celebration will be scheduled later in 2021 as soon as an appropriate celebration can be coordinated consistent with any restrictions on social events (hopefully in the spring of 2021).
Factors to be considered for nomination are:
- Although service activities are not geographically limited to Moorestown, nominee must be or have been a citizen of the Moorestown township.
- Community service through individual volunteer effort and/or participation in group activities, unrelated to nominee’s employment.
- Contributions through public service (elective or appointed positions at the local county, state or federal levels).
- Multiple and varied volunteer efforts, including services which help bring our community and its citizens closer together.
- Honors, awards and citations which bring recognition to the nominee and community for his or her contributions.