Similar to years past, it is the township’s recommendation that trick-or-treating take place between the hours of 3 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31.
However, given the current health crisis the state is still facing, Evesham’s parents and guardians are reminded to adhere to proper social distancing and healthy hygiene guidelines, such as:
• Keep your group “bubble” small: Stick to just family and others in your household, and keep at least six feet apart from others
• Sanitize your hands frequently
• Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose. If you or your child’s costume includes a character mask, please still wear a face covering over your mouth and nose underneath the character mask. Avoid costume masks that obstruct vision.
• It is highly recommended to leave candy at the end of your walkway or on your step in a bowl or container. Any resident who does decide to give out candy directly should wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, as well as use hand sanitizer frequently during the distribution.
• And as always, if you are not feeling well, stay home!
While this year’s Halloween experience will certainly be different, the township still wants to ensure that all children and families have an enjoyable — and above all else, a safe — Halloween.
Should any of this information need to change, the township’s website (evesham-nj.org/index.php) will be updated accordingly.