UPDATED VOTING INFORMATION
Governor Murphy has issued Executive Order 177, ordering the November 3 General Election to be conducted primarily by Vote by Mail Ballots with at least one polling location open in each municipality.
For the 2020 General Election, the Township of Monroe will have three (3) polling locations:
- Voters who live in Ward 1 (Districts 7, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24) and Ward 3 (Districts 2, 6, 12, 18, 19, 26) will vote at: Williamstown Middle School (5/6 Gymnasium), located at 561 Clayton Road, Williamstown, NJ 08094
- Voters who live in Ward 2 (Districts 1, 3, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16) will vote at: Monroe Township Public Library (Meeting Room), located at 713 Marsha Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094
- Voters who live in Ward 4 (Districts 4, 5, 8, 11, 15, 21, 25) will vote at: Whitehall Elementary School (Gymnasium), located at 161 Whitehall Road, Williamstown, NJ 08094
These polling locations will be open for in-person Provisional Ballot voting (paper ballot voting) from 6:00am to 8:00pm.
Registered voters with disabilities will be accommodated with a voting device at the polling location. Voters with disabilities needing to use this voting device will be required to sign a sworn statement declaring they are disabled.
During the week of October 5, Vote by Mail Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters in Gloucester County, without the need for an application to request a Vote by Mail Ballot.
Completed Vote by Mail Ballots for the 2020 General Election may be returned in one of the following ways:
- The voter may mail their own Vote by Mail Ballot via the US Postal Service (Vote by Mail Ballots must be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 3 and be received by the Gloucester County Office of Elections on or before November 10).
- The voter may place their own Vote by Mail Ballot in a secure Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box at one of the 13 locations in Gloucester County until 8:00 p.m. on November 3.
- The voter may deliver their own Vote by Mail Ballot in person to the Gloucester County Office of Elections by 8:00 p.m. on November 3.
- The voter may hand-deliver their own Vote by Mail Ballot on General Election Day to the appropriate polling location (between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.), placing it in a ballot box, provided by Gloucester County, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Office of Elections after the close of polls.
Every active voter registered in New Jersey should receive a Vote by Mail Ballot in the mail. If it has not arrived by October 12, track your Vote by Mail Ballot status online at www.vote.nj.gov or contact the Gloucester County Clerk, Jim Hogan, at (856) 853-3237.
- Registered voters who did not receive a Vote by Mail Ballot to return, may complete a Provisional Ballot (paper ballot) at their appropriate polling location on November 3, between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The Provisional Ballot will be placed in a ballot box, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Office of Elections after the close of polls
A Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box for completed Vote by Mail Ballots will be available at the following locations:
- Gloucester County Office of Elections (550 Grove Road, West Deptford, NJ 08066) *you may go inside and deliver your Vote by Mail Ballot directly to the Elections staff, if you prefer
2. Gloucester County Administration Building (2 S. Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096)
3. Gloucester County Clayton Complex (1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, NJ 08312)
4. Gloucester County Division of Social Services (400 Holly Dell Drive, Sewell, NJ 08080
5. Deptford Municipal Building (1011 Cooper Street, Deptford, NJ 08096)
6. Franklin Municipal Building (1571 Delsea Drive, Franklinville, NJ 08322)
7. Glassboro Municipal Building (1 S. Main Street, Glassboro, NJ 08028)
8. Harrison Municipal Building (114 Bridgeton Pike, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
9. Mantua Municipal Building (401 Main Street, Mantua, NJ 08051)
10. Monroe Municipal Building (125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094)
11. Paulsboro Municipal Building (1211 Delaware Street, Paulsboro, NJ 08066)
12. Washington Municipal Building (523 Egg Harbor Road, Sewell, NJ 08080)
13. Woolwich Municipal Building (120 Village Green Drive, Swedesboro, NJ 08085)
These drop boxes are secure and under 24-hour surveillance, and the ballots will be picked up daily by a Gloucester County Sheriff’s Officer.
Important Dates Regarding the 2020 General Election:
- October 5 – Commencement of Mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots for General Election
• October 13 – Voter Registration Deadline for General Election (the Monroe Township Clerk’s Office will be open until 7:00 p.m. for in-person Voter Registration)
• November 3 – General Election Day (polling locations open 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)