NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
“The Monroe Township Police Department is planning to have a mobile National Night Out on Oct. 6. They are planning to be in various areas of the township to interact with our community. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. They will have details posted soon on social media”.
VOTING BY MAIL
Governor Murphy has issued Executive Order 177, ordering the Nov. 3 General Election be conducted primarily by Vote by Mail Ballots with at least one polling location open in each municipality.
For the General Election, the Township of Monroe’s one polling location will be Williamstown Middle School (5/6 Gymnasium), located at 561 Clayton Road, Williamstown, NJ 08094.
This polling location will be open for in-person Provisional Ballot (paper ballot) voting from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Registered voters with disabilities will be accommodated with a voting device at the polling location. Voters with disabilities needing to use this voting device will be required to sign a sworn statement declaring they are disabled.
During the week of Oct. 5, Vote by Mail Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters, without the need for an application to request a Vote by Mail Ballot.
Completed ballots may be returned in one of the following ways:
- Voter may mail their own Vote by Mail Ballot via the US Postal Service (Vote by Mail Ballots must be postmarked by Nov. 3)
- Voter may place their own Vote by Mail Ballot in the secure Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box located outside of the Monroe Municipal Building (125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094) until 8 p.m. on General Election Day, Nov. 3
- Voter may hand-deliver their own Vote by Mail Ballot on General Election Day to the polling location (between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.), placing it in a ballot box, provided by Gloucester County, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Board of Elections after the close of polls
- Registered voters who did not receive a Vote by Mail Ballot to return may complete a Provisional Ballot (paper ballot) at the polling location on General Election Day. The Provisional Ballot will be placed in a ballot box, which will be delivered to the Gloucester County Board of Elections after the close of polls.
A Gloucester County Ballot Drop Box for Vote by Mail Ballots will be available at the following locations:
- Gloucester County Office of Elections (550 Grove Road, West Deptford, NJ 08066) *you may go inside and deliver your Vote by Mail Ballot directly to the Elections staff, if you prefer
- Gloucester County Clayton Complex (1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, NJ 08312)
- Deptford Municipal Building (1011 Cooper Street, Deptford, NJ 08096)
- Franklin Municipal Building (1571 Delsea Drive, Franklinville, NJ 08322)
- Glassboro Municipal Building (1 S. Main Street, Glassboro, NJ 08028)
- Mantua Municipal Building (401 Main Street, Mantua, NJ 08051)
- Monroe Municipal Building (125 Virginia Avenue, Williamstown, NJ 08094)
- Paulsboro Municipal Building (1211 Delaware Street, Paulsboro, NJ 08066)
- Pitman Municipal Building (110 S. Broadway, Pitman, NJ 08071)
- Washington Municipal Building (523 Egg Harbor Road, Sewell, NJ 08080)
- West Deptford Municipal Building (400 Crown Point Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086)
- Woolwich Municipal Building (120 Village Green Drive, Swedesboro, NJ 08085)
- Gloucester County Administration Building (2 S. Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096)
These drop boxes are secure and under 24-hour surveillance, and the ballots will be picked up daily by a Gloucester County Sheriff’s Officer.
Starting with the November tax quarter property owner’s quarterly tax payments can automatically be debited from their bank account. The automatic debit form can be found on the Township’s website under the Tax Collector tab. This form along with a voided check must be completed and returned to the Tax Office before this payment option can be set up.