Freeholder Barbara Holcomb, liaison to the Camden County Department of Public Works, has been notified by the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) that lanes will be closed and detoured overnight along Route 41/Kings Highway between Route 70 in Cherry Hill and South Lenola Drive in Maple Shade as an ongoing pavement project advances.
“This is an ongoing project which began last night and will require periodic closures over multiple evenings throughout the rest of the week in varying locations,” Holcomb said. “Motorists should be aware of how these detours may affect their route and plan accordingly. Even overnight closures have the potential cause shifting traffic patterns, sudden stops, and delays. Motorists should also remain extra alert for any crews, debris, or vehicles which may end up in the roadway.”
Beginning at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 11 until 6 a.m. the next day and continuing each night through Wednesday, Aug. 12, crews will be removing pavement reflectors on Route 41 in both directions using a moving operation between Route 70 in Cherry Hill and South Lenola Drive in Maple Shade.
There will be overnight single lane and ramp closures from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day on Thursday, Aug. 13, Friday, Aug. 14 and Sunday, Aug. 16 for milling, paving and slurry seal application. One lane of traffic will be maintained at all time.
In addition, during that time, traffic lights will be inoperable with State Police directing traffic at various intersections along Route 41 within the project limits to allow for the paving work. Several ramps will be closed and detoured overnight with the following detours in place:
Thursday, August 13 — 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day
Route 41 northbound ramp to Brookdale Drive detour:
· Motorists wishing to take the Route 41/Kings Highway northbound exit ramp to Brookdale Drive will be directed to continue on Route 41/Kings Highway
· Take the next exit for Route 38 east Moorestown/Mount Holly
· Take first exit towards Route 73 south/New Jersey Turnpike
· Stay right towards Old Kings Highway
· Continue on Old Kings Highway to Route 41
· Make a left onto Brookdale Drive
Route 41 northbound ramp to Route 73 southbound detour:
· Motorists wishing to take the Route 41 northbound exit ramp to Route 73 southbound will be directed to continue on Route 41 northbound
· Take the Route 73 northbound exit ramp
· Continue on Route 73 northbound
· Take the CR 610/Fellowship Road Exit
· Turn left at the stop sign
· Turn left onto Route 73 southbound
Friday, August 14 — 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day
Route 70 westbound ramp to Route 41 northbound detour:
· Motorists wishing to take the Route 70 westbound exit ramp to Route 41/Kings Highway northbound will be directed to continue on Route 70 westbound to the intersection of Route 41/Kings Highway
· Turn right onto Route 41 /Kings Highway
The $2 million federally-funded project will repair and preserve the pavement to improve safety and enhance ride quality for motorists and reduce future maintenance costs on approximately three miles of Route 41, in both directions, between Route 70 in Cherry Hill, Camden County and South Lenola Drive in Maple Shade, Burlington County. Work includes asphalt repairs, installation of new rumble strips and reflectors and upgrading and replacing inlet grates and curbs as needed.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for construction updates and real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.