As a reminder of our earlier statements regarding park usage; all Playgrounds and athletic fields remain closed to group activities.
Tennis and basketball courts may be used, but only by individuals or persons sheltering in place together.
Picnic tables and public benches are not sanitized, so it is highly recommended they not be used.
The township will be enforcing Gov. Phil Murphy’s executive orders should any group activities be observed.
The mayor recognizes that parks, trails and open spaces can provide opportunities for physical activity while also providing opportunities for respite, health and wellness. In order to continue to keep the parks open, it is vitally important to adhere to the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Use social distancing and maintain at least six feet between individuals in all areas of the park.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Please refer to the CDC website for additional information and guidance when using parks and open spaces by visiting CDC.gov.