Dr. Andrea Davis, of Davis Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab offering video Telehealth to all patients several weeks ago in preparation, as the novel coronavirus concerns began to spread and social distancing became an important way of life.
Each patients’ history was reviewed to convert their in-office program to a home program. To prepare each patient for at home physical therapy via Telehealth, the staff at Davis PTSR has prepared and delivered over 100 home packages of workout equipment such as TheraBands and weights. In some cases, for postoperative knee patients, they have delivered portable bikes, called Restorators, for use until they can progress to other therapies. Included is always detailed instructions and encouraging notes from a therapist.
Davis Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab has always worked to support and safely care for the Medford community and beyond. We are committed to the care of our patients. We also want to reach out to anyone who may not currently have access to physical therapy and would like to talk to one of our therapists about any physical concerns they may have. This includes joint pain, back pain, post-op rehab, sports injury rehab and struggles with the effects of Parkinson’s. We have done, and will continue to do, the following:
- Offer Telehealth appointments to current and new patients. Telehealth is now covered by most insurance plans. Our insurance manager checks each patient’s benefits and informs them of the specific coverage. In some cases, co-pays are also being waived during this time.
- Create home kits, placed in plastic bags and left at the doorstep, that include the workout instructions, equipment needed and an encouraging hand written note from the therapist.
- Provide free home exercise programs to any non-DAVIS patients who don’t have access to their physical therapist.
- Call all patients weekly to check in and see if they need anything.
- Safely see patients in our offices where appropriate.
Telehealth visits have been successfully performed regularly for the past two weeks. We are accepting new patients and not turning anyone away.
Our offices are also open for business.
Office doors are locked. We are taking the temperature of anyone who wants to enter. If the temperature is acceptable, they are allowed to come in. We are only seeing one patient per clinician per hour. All equipment is scrubbed between each use. Staff are in masks and gloves at all times. We are making it work and adjusting as needed for the good of our patients.
Davis Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab is dedicated to providing the highest level of PT care for their patients during Gov. Phil Murphy’s Stay Home directive. If Davis PTSR can be of service to any of you in this challenging time, we are stable, working and ready to help.