The South Jersey Track and Field Club is launching a new spring program on March 15. The program will be held one day per way, sometimes on Saturday mornings and sometimes on Sunday evenings. It will take place at the Haddon Township track and Croft Farm in Cherry Hill.
The focus of the program in the first year will primarily be on running events, but the program will try to include any field events in which kids are interested.
One of the underlying goals of this program will be to help prepare kids for Junior Olympic competition. The Junior Olympics are for all kids, not just those at a certain level of talent, but it is also fine to only participate in practices. There is a district qualifier meet on June 12 through June 14 in Millersville, Pa., and the top finishers in any event can move on to the regional championship at Widener University and then National Championships at Norfolk State University in Virginia. For families that are interested in the National Champs, this is a good year since it is often much further away.
The schedule for the spring program is below:
- Sunday March 15, Haddon Township Track, 5 p.m.
- Sunday March 22, Croft Farm, 5 p.m.
- Sunday March 29, Croft Farm, 5 p.m.
- Saturday April 11, Haddon Township, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, April 19, Croft Farm, 6 p.m.
- Saturday May 2, Haddon Township, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 10, Croft Farm, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 16, Haddon Township, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 31, Haddon Township, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 7, Haddon Township, 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 12 to Sunday, June 14: AAU Mid-Atlantic District Qualifier meet
- Sunday, June 14, Haddon Township, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 21, (Father’s Day), Haddon Township, 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 26 to Sunday, June 28: AAU Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship meet
The cost of the program is $160. To sign up your child, visit www.jotform.com/form/82040616984156.