Merry Christmas! It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The image we tend to conjure of the holidays – sipping hot cocoa around a roasting fire is not quite the reality of the season. It is the busiest time of the year as workloads have deadlines approaching, extra errands to run from gift buying, holiday meal preparation and the holiday parties spent with our family and friends. This is also the best time of the year to support your local businesses in town. Our local economy revolves around our retail centers and restaurants. Let’s get in the holiday spirit and shop local!
Deptford Township Police Department is working hard this holiday season to ensure our residents are safe and do not become victims of theft. While online shopping has its advantages it also opens us up to package theft. Delivery packages may sit on the front porch all day which gives plenty of time for items to be stolen.
Holiday theft prevention tips:
- Park in areas that have adequate lighting
- Do not leave purchases visible in your car
- Make sure your doors and windows are locked
- Locate your keys prior to going to your car
- Never leave personal belongings in shopping carts unattended
- Have the post office hold your mail when going away
- Schedule to have someone at your house when packages are being delivery
While we are in the winter season there’s no guarantee what the weather may bring. Deptford Township has a plan in place for inclement weather and emergencies. Public Works is working diligently to keep our roads safe and free of debris. We are on schedule for our leaf collection which runs until Jan. 6. For more information or to check your zone, please call the Public Works Department at (856) 228-4719.
Have a happy and healthy holiday season!