Math Kangaroo is an international math competition for grades one through twelve. Not only has it spread from country to country, but the various countries in which the competition takes place work together each year on choosing the problems for the contest. It also takes place at the same time throughout the world. However, the results are not compared between various countries, and prizes are awarded by the national organizers of the competition.
Math Kangaroo makes an effort to:
- Encourage students to master their mathematical knowledge.
- Give them confidence in their ability for comprehending mathematics.
- Help them understand how mathematics applies in nature’s laws and human activities.
- Develop their ability to derive pleasure and satisfaction through intellectual life.
- Show that mathematical education is significant in every part of the world.
In South Jersey area, Math Kangaroo competition is organized by EduContests (http://educontests.org/) at Rowan University — SOM.
EduContests is a volunteer-driven, non-profit, 501c (3) organization based in Southern New Jersey with a goal to serve needy and deserving students worldwide through educational activities for local students.
EduContests will conduct math workshops to help the students prepare well for the Math Kangaroo competition.
Please register to Math Kangaroo Competition. If you are new to Math Kangaroo please read some information about this wonderful international competition in mathematics: http://www.mathkangaroo.us/mk/history.html.
The steps to register:
- Go to: https://mathkangaroo.oasis-lms.com/Public/Catalog/Home.aspx.
- Log in with your login and password or establish your user account if you are new.
- Type “Rowan University” in the Search box and select Rowan University SOM — Session One (Cherry Hill) to register.
Registration ends on Dec 15. The competition will take place on March 19 from 7 to 8:15 p.m. at Rowan University.