The Church of the Good Shepherd Episcopal Church of Pitman is pleased to announce its schedule for church school and other activities for the Fall 2019 term. Good Shepherd, which celebrated its 110th anniversary in 2017, has an active and vital congregation, as well as one of the largest church schools in the diocese.
Its Sunday School classrooms have been refreshed, as has its Sunday School curriculum. Weekly Sunday classes for pre-school through high schoolers (ages 3-18) are offered during its 10 a.m. Sunday Holy Eucharist services. It is using a highly interactive curriculum that caters to various learning styles.
The church invites area families to participate in its Sunday services and bring your kids for new and exciting lessons. It also offers a nursery for infants and toddlers during the Sunday morning services. At Good Shepherd, students join their parents for communion at the end of the service.
All are welcome to the weekly Coffee Hour immediately after the Sunday morning service for light refreshments and fellowship.
A sampling of some of the other programs available to church members and guests include:
- Adult and youth bell Choirs support the Sunday worship.
- Youth Group for teens in middle and high school, that includes both in-reach and outreach activities and other social events and outings.
- The Brotherhood of St. Andrew returns to its regular schedule of meeting on the first Wednesday of every month at 7 p.m.
- The Women at the Well on the second Monday evening of each month at 7 p.m.
- Caring Hands begins meeting again on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 a.m.
- Bible Study meets on Thursday mornings at 9:30 a.m.
Good Shepherd also offers Morning Prayer every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m. and a weekly Saturday Holy Eucharist Service at 5:30 p.m. Special Healing Prayers are offered after the service on the first Saturday of every month. Healing Prayer is also offered at all services with its Prayer Ministers during the Eucharist.