By MARK MORGAN
Producing Artistic Director
Moorestown Theater Company
With its first two ‘Summer Stage ‘19’ musicals in the memory books (“Magic Tree House: The Knight At Dawn, Kids” and “Broadway Teens”), the award-winning, non-profit Moorestown Theater Company is ready to present its 17th all-ages Main Stage musical, “Disney’s Beauty And The Beast.”
“Disney’s Beauty And The Beast” has a 78-member, all-ages cast that includes Channel 6abc’s Rick Williams sharing the role of Gaston in our Gold Cast. Tickets are on sale now at www.MoorestownTheaterCompany.org or at the door 60 minutes before curtain time. It will be performed with a live orchestra at Moorestown High School, 340 Bridgeboro Road, on the following dates:
• Thursday, July 18 at 7 p.m., Black Cast
• Friday, July 19 at 7 p.m., Gold Cast
• Saturday, July 20 at 7 p.m., Black Cast
• Sunday, July 21 at 2 p.m., Gold Cast
• Thursday, July 25 at 7 p.m., Gold Cast
• Friday, July 26 at 7 p.m., Black Cast
• Saturday, July 27 at 2 p.m., Black Cast
• Saturday, July 27 at 7 p.m., Gold Cast
We are also in production for the following ‘Stages’ right now:
Summer Stage: Our 14th Musical Theater Camp is held at Hope Community Church at 235 W. Main St. in Moorestown. Camp is held Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (with early drop-offs and late pick-ups available at an additional fee). There are openings for Summer Stage Session III (“Guys And Dolls, Jr.”), Session IV (“G2K…Footloose”), and Session V (“Broadway Kids V”) for children who are rising first-graders through rising 12th-graders. All of MTC’s teachers and counselors are high school graduates, and there is a staff-to-camper ratio of 4:1. There will be public performances at the end of each session. Sessions, dates, shows, and age ranges are as follows:
• Session III – July 15-Aug. 2, with shows July 31 and Aug. 1 and 2. “Guys And Dolls, Jr.,” for ages 6 to 18. The classic musical is “juniorized.”
• Session IV – Aug. 5-16, with shows Aug. 14-16. “G2K…Footloose,” for ages 13 to 18. This is the Moorestown premiere of this new musical.
• Session V – Aug. 5-23, with shows Aug. 21-23. “Broadway Kids V,” for ages 6 to 12. This is the fifth version of our original musical revue.
Holiday Stage ‘19: MTC’s third children’s musical, is “Disney’s Frozen, Jr.” While the December show has been cast, children can still join the ensemble. Register now so the rehearsal schedule that begins in September can be emailed to you.
Performing Arts Studio Classes: MTC hosts classes in acting, dance, and voice for eight weeks in the fall, winter and spring. Registration information will be available for the fall classes in August.
Please visit www.MoorestownTheaterCompany.org or call (856) 778-8357 to register for “Frozen, Jr.,” buy tickets, or find out more information about any of these MTC Productions.