According to Camden County Freeholder Susan Shin Angulo, she has been informed by the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) that it will close ramps and lanes of I-295 northbound for overnight repaving from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Monday, July 1, and Tuesday, July 2.
Ramps and lanes between exits 25 and 28 are expected to close at this time.
“Even though these closures will be in effect overnight, they could still cause additional traffic and unexpected backups during construction hours,” Shin Angulo said. “Motorists should be aware that normal traffic patterns may be altered while this detour is in place and plan ahead. As always, be extra cognizant of sudden stops and reduced speeds on the roadway when driving in or around the construction zone.
In addition, I-295 northbound Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike and the Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound ramp to I-295 northbound will be closed for those nights while paving is taking place.
The following detours will be in place:
I-295 northbound Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike detour
- Motorists traveling on I-295 northbound wishing to take Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike will be directed to continue on I-295 northbound
- Take Exit 32
- Stay left and turn left onto Haddonfield-Berlin Road
- Take the ramp to I-295 southbound
- Take Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike
Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound ramp to I-295 northbound detour
- Motorists traveling on Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound wishing to take the ramp to I-295 northbound be directed to take Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound
- Turn left onto Browning Road
- Turn left onto Route 30
- Turn right on Copley Road to I-295 northbound
The work is part of the $900 million Direct Connection project that will provide a seamless route for I-295 motorists traveling through the interchange of I-295, I-76, and Route 42. The Direct Connection project has been divided into four construction contracts, with completion expected in the fall of 2024. NJDOT’s project website provides construction activity schedules and updates.