On June 11, Medford-Vincentown Rotary honored 10 seniors from Seneca High School, Shawnee High School and The Burlington County Institute of Technology with scholarships totaling $42,000. In the past the club could only afford to present three $5000 scholarships each year from our foundation, however this year the foundation increased the amount to five $5000 scholarships. Their assistance was invaluable but as in the past we needed additional scholarship money to handle the increased number of scholarships for students in financial need. Church & Dwight Co., Inc., of Princeton, who owns Arm & Hammer and other companies, have generously given us scholarship grants donated by their employees for the past 10 years. As of 2018 we have received $82,000 in educational grants from the employees of Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
As a result of these generous donations by the foundation and Church & Dwight Co., Inc., the Medford-Vincentown Rotary is able to give seven graduation seniors $5000, two $2500 scholarships and one $2000 scholarship. These scholarships came from grants approved by a foundation associated with The Investors Bank, The Roma Bank Foundation and Beneficial Bank.
The scholarship award winners are:
- Leah Ginion, Shawnee High School, Foundation Seamon/Coverley Memorial Scholarship, $5000
- Maxwell Rebstock, Shawnee High School, Medford-Vincentown Rotary Clubs Scholarship, $5000
- Ryan Kelleher, Shawnee High School, Gustave Van Walsen, Seneca High School, and Scott Johnson, Seneca High School, Medford-Vincentown Rotary Foundation Scholarship, $5000
- Hannah Russo, Seneca High School and Mairi Scholefield, Shawnee High School, Church And Dwight Employee Giving Fund Scholarships, $5000
- Jonathan Martinez, Seneca High School, Roma Foundation Scholarship, $2500
- Angela May, Burlington County Institute of Technology, Investors Bank Scholarship, $2500
- Christopher O’Neill, Shawnee High School, Beneficial Bank Scholarship, $2000