The Evesham Township School District is looking for all incoming kindergarten and first grade students for the 2019-2020 school year.
Officials say April is a great time to register early; therefore, parents are encouraged to visit their neighborhood/home school on a designated registration day.
If a parent is not available to register on these days, they are asked to contact the school office to arrange a separate registration appointment.
Those unaware of their elementary school zone can visit the district’s website for more information and registration forms at www.evesham.k12.nj.us.
For those who have an incoming kindergartener, registration at their schools has already begun. If families have not registered to date, they are invited to join the district on April 11 at their neighborhood/home school.
No appointments are necessary and registrations will occur throughout the day.
The child should accompany their guardian to registration for a brief screening by one a district staff member.
In order for a child to be eligible for kindergarten, he/she must be age 5 on or before Oct. 1 of the school year.
On April 17, the Evesham Township School District will be having its first grade round-up. This day is designated to registering any incoming first grader who will be new to the district for the 2019-2020 school year.
Registrations will occur at any time throughout the school day at neighborhood/home school, and no appointments are necessary.
In order for a child to be eligible for first grade, he/she must be six years old on or before Oct. 1 of the school year.
The following requirements must be met before being permitted to enter the Evesham Township School District:
Documents required are:
- Four proofs of residence.
- Student’s most recent report card, transcript and withdrawal form from the previous school, if not already forwarded by previous school.
- Proof of the following immunizations, in accordance with New Jersey State Department of Health, signed by a physician: Diphtheria, Whooping Cough and Tetanus (D.P.T.) — total of four doses, one dose of which must have been given on or after child’s fourth birthday; or any combination of five doses, Polio Vaccine — three doses, with third dose given on or after child’s fourth birthday; or any combination of four doses, Measles, Mumps and Rubella (M.M.R.) — two doses, both immunizations must be after the first birthday, Hepatitis B — three doses, given at mandated intervals, Varicella — one dose on or after the first birthday or proof of disease immunity.
- A current completed physical form. Physicals are required for all children entering a New Jersey school for the first time. The exam must have been performed within 365 days of the first day of school for the child.
- Student’s original or certified copy of birth certificate (with parents’ name).
- Special education information, with copy of current IEP, if not already forwarded by previous school.
- Custody agreement, if applicable.
In addition, and optional dental examination form is also recommended before entering school.
At the time of registration, all documentation must be provided. A copy of the documents will be made and the originals returned to families.