Turn in your expired/unwanted prescription drugs for safe disposal at the Harrison Township Police Department on April 27 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
How to prepare items for disposal:
- All pharmaceutical drugs to be disposed of must be placed in a sealed container such as the original bottle or Zip-lock bag.
- Liquid pharmaceuticals should remain in the original container.
- Personal information should be removed or marked out
with a permanent marker.
You can dispose of:
- Prescription and over-the-counter solid medications,
- Tablets and capsules, and
- Pet medicines.
You may not drop off:
- Intravenous solutions;
- Injectables, syringes, and needles (i.e. EpiPens)*; these need to be taken to a health care professional’s office or to a hospital for disposal;
- Hydrogen peroxide;
- Compressed cylinders or aerosols (e.g., asthma inhalers);
- Iodine-containing medications;
- Thermometers; or
- Alcohol and illicit drugs.