The resident that is approved by the board for the seat will serve for the remainder of 2019
The Gloucester Township Board of Education has posted the legal requirements for township residents interested in applying for the open seat after the resignation of Brain Reagan. Reagans’ resignation was announced at the February meeting as reported by The Sun.
The appointed term is to be from the date of appointment through December 31 of this year.
Eligible residents of Gloucester Township that have an interest in filling the position should send a letter providing information about themselves and summarizing their interest in the position. All letters must be received by Wednesday, March 13 at 4 p.m.
Letters are to be sent to School Business Administrator/Board Secretary Jean Grubbs c/o Gloucester Township Board of Education, 17 Erial Rd. Blackwood, NJ 08012.
Legal requirements include:
· Is a citizen of the United States of America
· Must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age
· Must be able to read and write
· Be a resident of Gloucester Township for at least one year preceding the date of the appointment
· Is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4–1
· Is a registered voter in the district
· Is not disqualified from membership for the conviction of crimes pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12–1
Within 30 days of appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background check through the New Jersey Department of Education.