As in past years, grand prizewinners receive a ride to school on a fire truck.
The results are in for the annual “Get Fired Up for Literacy” challenge from the Mt. Laurel Library and Mt. Laurel Fire Department.
The challenge invited elementary students from the Mt. Laurel’s local district to see who could read the most during their winter break.
According to officials, this year’s contest saw 136 total participants, who together logged 70,680 minutes read.
Individual winners were selected by seeing who could read the most minutes in each grade at each school.
Then, grand prize winners were randomly selected from among the list individual winners at each school.
Officials with the library and fire department offer their congratulations to all winners and participants.
As in past years, grand prize winners receive a ride to school on a fire truck.
This year’s grand prize winners are:
• Gabrielle Bucci (Countryside Elementary School, first grade)
• Yuti Kataria (Larchmont Elementary School, third grade)
• Ethan Baum (Fleetwood School Elementary School, fourth grade)
• Sophia Mount (Hillside Elementary School, second grade)
• Nia Rowe, Parkway Elemetnary School, third grade)
• Daniel Zhou (Springville Elementary School, second grade).
This year’s other individual winners by schools are as follows:
• Countryside Elementary — Mason Hassman (second grade), Amelia Les (third grade) and Samantha Hassman (fourth grade).
• Hillside Elementary — Charlotte O’Drain (first grade), Isabel Petta (third grade) and Chloe Jolicoeur (fourth grade).
• Parkway Elementary — Lydia Ayers (first grade), Collin Cook (second grade) and Diya Kondoor (fourth grade)
• Fleetwood Elementary — Thanya Thirumalairajan (first grade) Lily Baum (second grade) and Prisha Srinivasa (third grade).
• Larchmont Elementary — Lilli Mathason (first grade), Bryce Cooper (second grade) and Ioanna Moustakas (fourth grade).
• Springville Elementary — Emma Kowal (first grade) Giri Prasaad Madan (third grade) and Abdul-Karim El-Badawi (fourth grade).