The AARP is sponsoring free sites in Marlton and throughout Burlington County where select residents can receive free aid in preparing their income taxes.
The AARP Tax Program offers free tax help for taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those age 60 and older.
The sites will be open on designated days through April 15.
In Marlton, the services will be available at the Evesham Library, located at 984 Tuckerton Road. Services will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Thursdays, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To make an appointment, call (856) 983–1444.
Tax payers should bring all appropriate documents with them to the site (such as photo identification, a Social Security Card (or other evidence of a Social Security number for each person on the tax return) , W-2 forms, Medicare card last year’s tax return and any other relevant information such as unemployment, pensions (1099R), annuities, interest income, dividends, all other income forms and all other evidence of deductions if itemizing.
All sites have E-file availability.
There are not income limitations for participation, but persons must have non-complex returns.
Persons do not have to be seniors or AARP members in order to take advantage of this service.
A complete list of locations is as follows:
- Burlington — Daniel Keegan Recreation Center, 522 Wood St., on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Call (609) 386–4070 for an appointment.
- Cinnaminson — Cinnaminson Library, 1619 Riverton Road, on Mondays (excluding holidays) from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call (856) 829–9340 for an appointment.
- Delanco — Dobbins Memorial Methodist Church, 330 Union Ave., on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Call (856) 764–6940 Ext. 6126 for appointment.
- Marlton — Evesham Library, 984 Tuckerton Road, on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call (856) 983–1444 for appointment.
- Medford Lakes — Vaughn Community House on Tabernacle Road and Powhatan Trail on Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
- Moorestown — Hope Community Church, 235 W. Main St. on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Call (856) 235–0912 Ext 3002 for appointment.
- Mt. Laurel — Mt. Laurel Library, 100 Walt Whitman Ave. on Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Note, this site is closed on Good Friday, April 14, with an alternate date of Wednesday, April 12 that week). Call (856) 234–7319 Ext. 333 for an appointment.
- Pemberton — Pemberton Library, 16 Broadway in Browns Mills on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Call 609–893–8262 Ext. 10 for an appointment.
- Westampton — Burlington County Main Library, 5 pioneer Blvd. on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call (609) 267–9660 Ext. 2 for appointment.
- Willingboro — Willingboro Senior Center, 429 John F. Kennedy Way on Wednesdays from 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call (609) 877–8444 for appointment.