Police in Mantua Township responded to calls for disputes, assist neighboring towns, and more.
The following is on file at the Mantua Township Police Department:
· Officers responded to a suspicious vehicle just after midnight where the occupants were knocking on doors in the neighborhood.
· Ptl. Riepen and his K-9 partner, Bane, assisted Deptford Police Department with a sniff of a vehicle where there was a positive indication for drugs.
· Officers responded to a shoplifting at Home Depot where the subject was arrested, processed and released on a summons.
· Officers responded to a neighbor dispute where the subject gave the caller an obscene gesture while they drove past them.
· Officers responded to a neighbor dispute where the two were yelling at each other in the middle of the street.
· Patrols responded to a minor crash in the parking lot of the Chick-Fil-A.
· Officers took a fraud complaint in which the victim’s bank information was accessed.
· Officers responded to a shoplifting complaint at the Wawa store where a subject reached over the counter and took cigarettes and fled the scene. This occurred an hour before contacting police.
· Officers responded as part of the S.W.A.T. detail to Washington Township for a barricaded subject.
· Officers responded to a juvenile complaint where the caller’s child was hiding in a friend’s house and would not come out. Officers were able to make contact and turned the child over to their parent.
· Officers responded to a victim that had passed over night. Detectives and the Medical Examiner responded, however, no crime was suspected of occurring.
· Patrols responded to a N.J. Transit bus where a passenger was overdosing.
· Officers responded to a hit and run crash that was witnessed by the caller. The subject was identified and charged.
· Patrols responded to a crash on Center Street. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
· Ptl. Bair conducted a motor vehicle stop and arrested the subject for outstanding warrants.
· Officers responded to a dog running at large. Officers were able to take control of the dog and brought it to headquarters where the owner later came to pick up.
· Officers responded to a family dispute where the caller just needed some information.
· Officers responded to a subject that was overdosing and Narcan was issued.
· Units responded to a hit and run crash in the parking lot of the Wawa store on Route 45.
· Units responded to a hit and run crash in Wenonah at a dentist’s office.
· Officers located a large tree limb across the roadway on Mantua Boulevard, which was removed.
· Ptl. Mroz and his K-9 partner, Zuke, assisted the Pitman Police Department on a motor vehicle stop.
· Units responded to the Villages of Berkley for a neighbor dispute.
· Ptl. Mroz and his K-9 partner, Zuke, assisted Gloucester Township Police Department with a track of a subject that had burglarized a convenience store.
· Units responded to a hit and run crash on Tylers Mill Road in the area of the Conoco Gas Station.
· Patrols responded to the Centre City development for a report of gun shots that were fired in the roadway. Both the “victim” and “shooter” were gone on our arrival.
· Officers responded to a crash on Route 45 in the area of Dempsey’s Tire.