Wreaths will be placed in the Gloucester County Veterans Memorial Cemetery on Dec. 8 during memorial service.
Gloucester County veterans and volunteers have come together to raise funds to purchase and lay wreaths on the grave sites of veterans and family members buried at the Gloucester County Veterans Memorial Cemetery as a gesture of honor and remembrance for the past eight years.
They are continuing the tradition again this year of honoring veterans at a special ceremony starting 10 a.m. on Dec. 8 at the Gloucester County Veteran’s Memorial Cemetery in Monroe Township, followed by performing individual grave ceremonies and the laying of 2,700 wreaths covering all the grave sites at the Cemetery.
The People for People Foundation is seeking donations to purchase the wreaths as well as volunteers to help lay wreaths at the grave sites on Dec. 8 after the 10:00 a.m. dedication. They have made the commitment of laying 2,700 wreaths this year — the number of grave sites currently at the cemetery.
People for People of Gloucester County, The Veterans Advisory Committee, Lora & Rich Gess and the Rotary Club of Glassboro are spearheading this effort to raise the funds needed and laying the Wreaths of Remembrance at the Gloucester County Veterans Memorial Cemetery. They are inviting everyone to join them in honoring the memory of the 2,700 Veterans and family members who are interred at the Cemetery.
- Wreaths with ribbons can be purchased at $7.00 each.
- Families of interred Veterans are invited to a “Private” gathering and Wreath laying at 9:00AM on Dec. 8.
- Memorial Ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Volunteers will gather at 9:45 a.m. and individual grave ceremonies and wreaths laying will follow after Memorial Ceremony.
Due to the growing popularity of the Wreaths of Remembrance event being held on Dec. 8, there will be changes to the parking procedures for this year:
- All volunteers and family members are required to proceed to Williamstown High School located one mile from the cemetery at 700 Tuckahoe Road
- Once there you will be directed to available parking
- There will be multiple buses to take you from the school to the cemetery.
- Shuttles will begin running at 7:45 a.m.
- Family members are suggested to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m., and volunteers no later than 9:15 a.m.
- There will be one shuttle bus from Monroe Township that is handicap accessible.
- Only vehicles that display a Handicap license plate or window display will be allowed to park on the cemetery grounds. This is necessary due to the limited parking available at that site.
If you are organizing groups, such as, Boys Scouts, etc. please have your group meet at the school and ride the shuttle in a group.
Wreaths can be purchased by clicking here to purchase wreaths with a credit card or PayPal or sending a check made payable to: “People for People” with “wreaths” in the memo line and mailed to P.O. Box 256, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062.
All donations must be received by Nov. 25. All money donated to the“Wreaths of Remembrance” will go directly to the program. This is not a fundraiser for any organization or group.
For more information call People for People at 856–579–7561. To register yourself or your group to volunteer call Janis at 856–579–7561.