Camden County Library cardholders now have access to a new streaming video service: Kanopy!
Offering what the New York Times calls “a garden of cinematic delights,” Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
All titles are free to stream with your library card and will be available for three days after checkout. You can stream up to six films each month. Watch on your computer, or use the IOS, Android, or Kindle Fire app. You can also watch on your television using a Roku or Chromecast.
Here is how to use Kanopy:
1. Go to kanopy.camdencountylibrary.org or download and open the app. Create an account by clicking on the “Sign Up” button
2. Create a Kanopy account by adding your name and email address. Create a password. You can also log in using your Facebook or Google account. Click on “Sign up.” You will be sent a confirmation email.
3. Go to your email account to verify your email address. Click on the link “Verify my email.” If you created the account in the app, you will need to select Camden County Library — NJ as your library.
4. You will be brought to a page where you can add your library card number and PIN. Enter your information. Click on the “Save” button.
5. To begin watching on the web, click the “Watch now” button. If you want to use the app, go back to it. Your account will be verified, and the “Watch now” button will appear.
6. Each time you visit Kanopy after the first time, click on the “Log In” button and log in with your email address and the password you created.