The following information is on file with the Mantua Township Police Department
The following is a police report submitted to The Mantua Sun by the Mantua Township Police Department
● Units responded to the Taco Bell for a minor crash in the parking lot
● Units responded to the Mantua Heights section for an overdose. Officers administered two doses of Narcan and were able to revive patient. Patient refused medical transport to hospital.
● Officer assisted with a child safety seat installation and inspection at the station
● A resident of the Villages of Berkley reported that her vehicle was broken into sometime overnight
● Canine officer assisted Deptford PD on a motor vehicle stop for a drug sniff of the vehicle. There was a positive indication of the vehicle.
● There was a domestic dispute between father and son that started at a restaurant and continued to their home.
● Patrols and Fire Dept. responded to a crash on Route 45 and Jackson Rd. The injured were transported to the hospital by County EMS and vehicles were towed from the scene.
● Patrols responded to Wawa on Woodbury Glassboro Rd for a report of two intoxicated males pushing each other about to fight. Units arrived and separated the two and transported them home without further incident.
● Units responded to Mantua Heights section for a reported domestic between a mother and her adult daughter in which the daughter fled the scene. Daughter was arrested and charged with simple assault and also served with a restraining order.
● There was a shoplifting from the Wawa store on Woodbury Glassboro Rd in which several cans of Redbull were stolen. This theft is still under investigation.
● A male turned himself in for active warrants against him. He was arrested, processed and released by Detective Guidotti.
● A unit assisted a motorist at the Kohls store with being locked out of their vehicle. We were able to able to gain entry into the vehicle.
● Units received CPR and Narcan Training at the Mantua Twp Fire Dept
● Units responded to a domestic dispute between a male and female. It was a verbal altercation and the male agreed to leave the house for the night.
● A vehicle was reported as being broken into during the overnight hours in the Villages of Berkley in which a pair of sunglasses were reported stolen. The vehicle was believed to be unlocked.
● A vehicle was stuck in the mud on Tylers Mill Rd. Officers responded and assisted the motorist in getting the vehicle out.
● Units responded for a theft of jewelry from a residence. The victim believes it may have been a family member that has a key to the house.
● Ptl. Crispin conducted a motor vehicle stop on Mantua Blvd for a violation. The operator was found to have an active warrant out of Hamilton Twp for a small warrant. He was processed on scene and given a new court date.
● Units responded to the White Oak Apartments for a wellbeing check. Officers decided subject needed medical attention and accompanied subject in ambulance to hospital for an evaluation
● Units responded for a noise complaint in which a cow was crying too loud believed to be caused by its newborn calf that had died.
● Units assisted Deptford PD in locating a suicidal female. The female was located and transported to the hospital for treatment
● Units responded to a motor vehicle crash on Glassboro Rd near Center Street. One vehicle needed to be towed from the scene
● Ptl Riepen and his canine partner Bane responded to West Deptford to assist in a drug sniff of a vehicle. Bane positively indicated on the vehicle
● Patrols responded to a crash by the Telford Inn. One vehicle had to be towed from the scene
● Patrols responded to a three-car crash by Dippy’s Ice Cream in which there was one injury and one car also had to be towed from the scene
● Patrols responded to a single vehicle crash on Heritage Rd in which a deer was struck. The driver was found to have a suspended driver’s license
● Patrols responded to the Wine Warehouse for a shoplifting that had just occurred. His image was placed on social media and within an hour, we had several tips and an arrest was made.
● Subject was arrested for an outstanding warrant. He was processed and turned over to the County Jail.
● Special Officers went door to door in the Mantua Heights section advising homeowners of violations of the Twp Ordinance regarding junk cars.
● Sgt attempted to serve two warrants however they were not located
● Ptl. Crispin made a car stop on Route 55 of the vehicle that was involved in the shoplifting from Wawa store on March 23. Two of the vehicle’s occupants were arrested and turned over to the County Jail.
● Officers took a harassment complaint in which the victim’s ex-girlfriend is continually calling and showing up at his house as well as his parent’s house. Charges are pending.
● Officers took a theft report for a resident that had a check stolen.
● Units responded to the Citgo gas station on Glassboro Rd for a dispute over amount of gasoline that was dispensed into the vehicle. Officers assisted in resolving the issue.
● Officers took a report for a fraudulent check that was given as a result of a Craigslist transaction
● Officers responded to the Kohls store for a male that was walking around the store and appeared to be under the influence. He was escorted out of the business.
● Officers responded to a residence in which the victim gave her bank account information over the telephone and it wound up being a phone scam.
● A resident on Breakneck Rd found that her mailbox had been disturbed and they located their mail down the street.
● Patrols responded to the Centre City development because a teenage daughter was acting out of control when her mother took her cell phone away from her.
● Units took a report for a stolen vehicle and theft from a debit card when a son took his mother’s car and debit card without her permission for several days.
● Patrols assisted Woodbury Hts Police with an unruly person at Wawa. Officers assisted in arresting the subject after capstun was used to subdue him.
● Officers responded to the Kohls store for a shoplifting in which a male attempted to steal clothing. The thief was identified and arrested the next day by Ptl. Hauss.
● Ptl. Riepen and his K9 partner Bane responded to the Toys R Us store in Deptford to assist them on a car stop in which they needed a drug sniff of the vehicle. Bane indicated positively on the vehicle.
● Patrols responded to a one car crash on Center Street in which an early model Nissan sedan crashed into the fence at the Garden Center Pond Supply store and fled the area.
● Patrols responded to a solicitation violation in the Timbercrest development in which a male was soliciting for windows and did not have a valid permit to do so.
● Ptl. Mroz and his K9 partner, Zuke, assisted Deptford PD with a track in which they were looking for a possible subject that may have fled into the woods after entering a residence that was not their own.
● Patrols responded to a report of a mother that was trespassing in the daughter’s apartment. Daughter actually was bipolar and the mother was not trespassing. Daughter was transported to the hospital for treatment by EMS
● Ptl. Riepen and his K9 partner Bane assisted Deptford PD with a drug sniff on a vehicle during a motor vehicle stop. There was a positive indication on the vehicle and the subject was arrested.
● Officers took a harassment complaint in which a tenant reported that his landlord would fight him if he did not pay the rent owed. Complaints were signed against the landlord.
● Patrols responded to the Kohls store for a shoplifting complaint. Special Officer Krieger was able to locate the subject and made an arrest.