Find out what events are taking place around the region this weekend.
Spring is now in full swing, and residents can get into the season with a variety of outdoor activities. Check out what events are taking place around the area this weekend.
- First United Methodist Church will host Grounds for Good Coffee House in Fellowship Hall from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, April 6.
Around South Jersey
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Collingswood on Sunday. The theme for Collingswood’s spring restaurant week is, “Everything is Better with Bacon.” Ten restaurants around the borough are scheduled to participate in the event. Restaurant week runs through April 13. Prospective diners are advised to make reservations. For more information, including a list of participating restaurants, visit www.collingswood.com/things_to_do/shopping_and_dining/restaurant_weeks.php.
- Residents can raise money for a good cause at the Battleship New Jersey on Sunday from noon to 7 p.m. Atco Battles Alzheimer’s 4 on the Battleship will take place throughout the day. There will be music from various bands throughout the day and tickets include a self-guided tour of the battleship. Food and a cash bar will also be available. Tickets are $20 per person and all proceeds will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter and the Battleship New Jersey. To purchase tickets and for more information, visit www.eventbrite.com/e/atco-battles-alzheimers-4-tickets-40990300091?aff=eac2.
At the Jersey Shore
- The ShowBoat Hotel in Atlantic City is the host for this weekend’s Garden State Comic Fest. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Dozens of vendors and exhibitors will be on hand at the event. Guests can visit with a number of their favorite comic creators, actors and more. There will also be plenty of contests, prizes and more. Tickets range from $20 for a Sunday pass to $90 for a VIP pass. Visit www.gardenstatecomicfest.com/atlantic-city-edition.html for more information and to purchase tickets.
- The Wildwoods Convention Center is also hosting a big event this weekend. The Fishing Expo will take place at the convention center from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday. There will be more than 80 displays showcasing a wide range of exciting new products, services and programs for fishermen and boaters. Admission to the expo is $5. Kids 12 and under are admitted for free. Visit www.fishingexpowildwood.com for more information.
- The 2018 Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia kicks off this weekend. Guests can enjoy a pop-up beer garden named the Sake Garden from 1 to 9 p.m. at Shofuso Japanese House and Garden, located at Horticultural Drive and Lansdowne Drive, or partake in a number of other activities. To view a full schedule of this weekend’s events, visit http://subarucherryblossom.org.
- The Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival lands at the Prince Theater, 1412 Chestnut Street, in Philadelphia this weekend. All of the films in this festival center on the earth and making the environmental healthier for all. Eleven blocks of films are scheduled from Friday evening through Sunday evening. To purchase tickets to any of the blocks, visit http://philaenvirofilmfest.org/festival/2018-schedule.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.