Check out what events are happening around your neighborhood.
From a car show in Atlantic City to theater performances in Philadelphia, there are tons of activities to do this weekend.
- On Sunday, the Eastern Regional Junior Vikings will host its end-of-the season banquet at Lucien’s Manor from 2 to 5 p.m. Tickets for the event are now available to be purchased. Everyone attending will need a ticket to attend the event. Tickets can be purchased here: /www.eventbrite.com/e/eastern-jr-vikings-youth-football-and-cheer-end-of-season-banquet-tickets-42649482751. Print your tickets and bring to the banquet on the day of the event. Help the Junior Vikings celebrate their most successful season in program history as they honor all cheerleaders and football players.
Around South Jersey
- Families are invited to a day of fun at A. Russell Knight Elementary School on Saturday. The school’s PTA will be hosting its annual Winter Carnival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Guests can enjoy carnival games, hair stylists from Sweet and Sassy Cherry Hill, the P.J. Whelihan’s food truck, a craft room, a photo booth, a DJ and more. There will be more than 100 items up for bid in a silent auction. The event will also include an online sports memorabilia auction. Proceeds from the event will go to the PTA’s Gift to School Fund. The carnival is open to the public.
- Get your morning started with a free yoga class at the Cherry Hill Public Library on Saturday. Yoga for Beginners will take place from 10 to 11 a.m. Students can enjoy a free introduction to Vinyasa Flow yoga. All skill levels are welcome. Students should bring a mat, water, towel and wear comfortable clothes. Practice is done in bare feet. Visit www.chplnj.org for more information.
- Chocolate and wine lovers will want to be at Valenzano Winery this weekend for their Chocolate and Wine Trail Weekend. For $10, guests can enjoy wine tasting, chocolate tasting, entertainment and private barrel tasting. Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and a live band, Goodman Fiske Due, will also perform at that time. Tickets can be purchased at the door. For more information, visit www.valenzanowine.com, or call (609) 268–6731.
- On Sunday, the West Jersey Chamber Music Society will present, “Classically Black & Conversation Pieces” at First Presbyterian Church of Moorestown. The concert will take place beginning at 7:30 p.m. and feature with acclaimed concert pianist Richard Alston performing works by African-American composers. To purchase tickets online prior to the concert, visit www.wjcms.org.
At the Jersey Shore
- Car enthusiasts will want to be in Atlantic City this weekend for the 45th annual Atlantic City Auction and Car Show. The event will run through Sunday at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Guests can check out a wide array of vehicles and vendors. More than 400 cars will be auctioned off in this event. The show is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for children under 12. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.acclassiccars.com/event-schedule-classics.php.
- Wrestlers will converge on the Wildwoods Convention Center this weekend for the USAW Middle School National Challenge Duals. The meet kicks off Friday and runs through Sunday at the convention center. More than a thousand elementary and middle school wrestlers will compete for gold in this tournament. Tickets are $15 per day for adults and $10 for children. Tickets for the entire weekend are $40 for adults and $25 for children. For more information and a full schedule, visit www.atlanticcoastwrestling.com/wwnationalduals.
- Philly Theatre Week will continue with numerous performances around the city this weekend. Multiple venues will be hosting shows of all different types. Tickets for the shows range from free to $30 and all performances are open to the public. For a full schedule of this weekend’s events, visit www.theatrephiladelphia.org/whats-on-stage/philly-theatre-week
- Local Brazilian group PhillyBloco will host its annual Carnival/Mardi Gras party at World Café Live, 3025 Walnut Street in Philadelphia; on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. Guests can party through the night at this event, which will feature hours of live music. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 the day of the show. Doors open at 8 p.m. All ages are invited to attend. To purchase tickets, visit www.worldcafelive.com/event/1623967-phillybloco-s-brazilian-philadelphia.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visitwww.philadelphiaweekly.com.