Check out what activities are taking place near your neighborhood.
With the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl on Sunday, there will be plenty of football-related activities to enjoy around the region. However, the Super Bowl isn’t the only thing happening this weekend. Check out what activities are taking place near your neighborhood.
In Washington Township
- On Saturday, Washington Township will officially present the participating businesses of the Shop Washington Township program to the public at the free Launch Party. The event will begin at 10 a.m. at Republic Bank, located at 401 Ganttown Road, Sewell.
- On Sunday, more than 300 volunteers will gather at Washington Township to prepare thousands of hoagies, sold to benefit local families and individuals in need. Hoagies may be picked up at the high school’s Ganttown Road entrance from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, visit www.thecowproject.org.
Around South Jersey
- Gear up for the Super Bowl on Saturday at Cooper River Park’s Winterfest. Camden County will be hosting a special Eagles Day event at the Winterfest ice rink, located at 5300 North Park Drive in Pennsauken. Guests are invited to wear Eagles green for the chance to win prizes. Fans can also meet former Eagles player Hollis Thomas at the event. Children 4 years of age and younger will be admitted onto the ice for free. Kids 5 to 12 will be admitted for $4 and adult admission is $6. Veterans and seniors will receive a discounted admission of $4. There is a $4 skate rental fee for all ages. Visit CamdenCounty.com/WinterFest for more information.
- Moorestown Friend Schools will host its 26th annual Camp Fair and Discovery Day on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the school’s Baiada Field House. The fair will feature more than 50 camps from around the region, including day and residential camps for students in preschool through high school. There will be camps offering comprehensive programs in sports, science, technology, ecology, theater, arts, travel, academics, equestrian, roller coasters and more. The fair is free and open to the public. Visit www.mfriends.org/about/camp-fair for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- An annual Super Bowl Sunday tradition returns to Long Beach this weekend. The 14th annual Super Plunge Sunday event will take place at 1 p.m. at the 48th Street beach in Long Beach Township. Participants are invited to brave the cold waters of the Atlantic Ocean to raise money for St. Francis Community Center and Southern Regional High School’s swim teams. There will be prized for most funds raised, oldest and youngest plunger, best costume and more. Registration is $35 per person or $20 for students. Visit http://stfranciscenterlbi.org/special-events/super-plungefor more information.
- Raise money for a good cause at the New Jersey Run for the Fallen Beef and Beer Fundraiser on Saturday. The fundraiser will be held at the Bolero Resort, 3320 Atlantic Avenue in Wildwood, beginning at 6 p.m. The event will include a buffet dinner, cash bar, raffle, live music and more. Tickets are $25 at the door. Children under 16 are admitted for $10 and children under 10 can attend for free. Visit www.njrunforthefallen.org for more information.
- This weekend is the last chance to check out the Philadelphia Auto Show this year. The show will be open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. More than 700 cars are on display at this year’s event. There are plenty of special events and activities scheduled throughout the weekend. Tickets are $14 for adults and $7 for children. Kids 6 and under are admitted for free. To purchase tickets and for more information, visit www.phillyautoshow.com.
- Super Bowl parties are the only events taking place on Sunday. The Morris Animal Refuge invites community members to join them at Devil’s Den, 1148 South 11th Street in Philadelphia, for the Puppy Bowl XIV viewing party. The event will take place from 3 to 6 p.m. and will include a snuggle station, puppy photo booth, drink and food specials and more. Adoptable puppies will be on hand at the event. Guests can also meet two 2018 Puppy Bowl contestants, Lila and Hinesville. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/events/2006983466292999.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visitwww.philadelphiaweekly.com.