Also, Monroe Township will be hosting a free rabies clinic on Saturday, Jan. 27
You can skate with zombies in Philadelphia on Friday night or enjoy some authentic Greek food Saturday and Sunday in Egg Harbor Township. These activities and more are taking place across the region this weekend.
- Monroe Township will be holding a free rabies clinic for cats and dogs on Saturday, Jan. 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the public works building, located at 1040 Glassboro Road, Williamstown. Cats must be in carriers and dogs must be leashed at the event. For more information, contact the Board of Health office at (856) 728–9800, ext. 213, or visit www.monroetownshipnj.org.
Around South Jersey
- Meet your favorite princesses and superheroes while enjoying a delicious breakfast in Medford this weekend. Shawnee High School will host its Character Breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday. Guests can meet and get photos with characters. There will also be dancing, face painting and more. The cost is $20 per person. Children 2 and under are admitted for free. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Visit www.lrhsd.org and click on the Character Breakfast page to register.
- The Markeim Arts Center in Haddonfield is having its annual fundraising gala on Saturday. The event will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. at the center, located at 104 Walnut Street in Haddonfield. The event will include live musical performances, food, ice sculptures and more. Tickets are $85 each and $150 per pair, with proceeds going toward the arts center. For more information, visit http://www.markeimartscenter.org/calendar/water-fire-ice-markeim-art-centers-annual-fundraising-gala.
At the Jersey Shore
- Celebrate all things Greek in Egg Harbor Township at the Holy Trinity Greek Winter Feast. The festival will be open from noon to 11 p.m on Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 7004 Ridge Avenue in Egg Harbor Township. The event includes authentic Greek food, live music, activities and more. Food is available for dine in, take out or delivery. For more information and a full food menu, visit http://holytrinityeggharbor.com/winter-festival-2013.
- Hit the ice with some scary creatures at the Rothman Ice Rink in Philadelphia’s Dilworth Park on Friday night. A special Zombie Skate will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. Skate with zombies, spin the prize wheel to win prizes and enjoy zombie-themed karaoke and food specials. Those who come dressed as a zombie can enter to win a four-pack of tickets to the Rothman Rink. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children 10 and under. Skate rental is $10. For more information, visit www.easternstate.org/visit/events/zombie-skate-rothman-rink.
- Penn Museum will ring in the Chinese New Year on Saturday with a day-long special event. World Culture Day: Chinese New Year Celebration will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Penn Museum, 3260 South Street in Philadelphia. Guests can enjoy music and dance, tai chi and tangram workshops, a Kung Fu demonstration, storytelling, crafts and more. The day ends with the Grand Finale Lion Dance Parade. All activities are included with admission to Penn Museum. For more information, visit www.penn.museum/calendar/eventdetail/763/chinese-new-year-celebration.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.