In Washington Township, children are invited for a storytime in their pajamas at the Margaret E. Heggan Free Public Library.
There’s a big football game on tap this Sunday in Philadelphia, but that’s not the only thing happening around the area. Check out what events are going on across the region this weekend.
In Washington Township
- The Margaret E. Heggan Free Public Library will be holding a PJ Storytime in the Daytime event on Sunday, Jan. 21, for children ages 3 to 10 at 1:30 p.m. Participants are invited to wear their coziest pajamas, grab their favorite stuffed animal and listen to a sill PJ storytime. Milk and cookies will be served. The program is limited to library cardholders, and registration is required at www.hegganlibrary.org.
Around South Jersey
- Shoppers will want to be in downtown Haddonfield this weekend for the annual Winterfest Sidewalk Sale. The sale will be open on both Saturday and Sunday, with businesses up and down Kings Highway participating. There will be bargains throughout the town. Times for the sale vary by store hours. Items will be on sale indoors and outdoors, weather permitting. For more information, visit www.downtownhaddonfield.com.
- There’s still time to check out the 15th annual Antique Toy Train Show at The Museum of American History at Deptford this weekend. The show is open Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The show features trains from the 1930s through the 1950s on two different platforms. Tickets are $4 for adults and $3 for kids. The museum is located at 138 Andaloro Way in Deptford. Visit www.southjerseymuseum.org for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- Wildwood will go to the dogs this weekend for the Boardwalk Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show. The show opened on Wednesday and will run through Sunday at the Wildwoods Convention Center. Dogs will compete in a variety of competitions at the event from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day. On Saturday from 8 to 10 p.m., there will be a police K-9 demonstration and awards ceremony for valor and service. Tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for seniors and $2 for children 12 and under. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/events/1299519423392256.
- The Philadelphia Home Show concludes its 2018 run at the Pennsylvania Convention Center this weekend. The show will be open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event feature numerous exhibitors and speakers. Tickets are $13 for adults at the door and $3 for kids 6 to 12. Kids 5 and under are admitted for free. For more information, visit https://phillyhomeshow.com.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.