Catch a show by the Washington Township High School Way-Off Broadway Players this weekend, as well
There will be plenty of chances to get a jump start on holiday shopping this weekend, but craft fairs and bazaars aren’t the only events taking place. Find out what else is going on around the region.
In Washington Township
- The Washington Township High School Way-Off Broadway Players will take a fall down the rabbit hole to Wonderland this weekend as they present “Alice @ Wonderland” on Friday, Nov. 17 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 18, at 2 p.m. The fun, imaginative retelling of “Alice in Wonderland” with a modern twist will have audience members of all ages feeling whimsical and entertained. General admission tickets can be purchased for $8 at the door, as well as in advance by emailing Shannon Molloy at email@example.com.
Around South Jersey
- Winslow Township High School’s fall play, “A Christmas Carol,” will take the stage at the Winslow Township High School Auditorium this weekend. Performances are scheduled for Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for seniors and students. The auditorium is located at 10 Cooper Folly Road in Atco. To purchase tickets, call (856) 767–1850.
- Get started on your holiday shopping this Sunday at the Johnson Elementary School PTA’s third annual Holiday Bazaar. The event will take place at Rosa International Middle School from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Numerous artisans, crafters and local businesses will be selling items at this event. There will also be food for purchase, raffle baskets and a 50/50. Guests do not need to be present to win the 50/50 or raffles. The event is free and open to the public. Rosa International Middle School is located at 485 Browning Lane in Cherry Hill.
- Join award-winning photographer Joanna Patterson for a special presentation to accompany her exhibition in the Cherry Hill Public Library’s Art Gallery this month. “Burma: A Photographic Essay” will take place on Sunday from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Cherry Hill Public Library. Patterson will discuss her current show featuring photos from her travels to Burma and documents the beauty in nature and in human nature. This event is free and open to the public. Visit www.chplnj.org for more information.
- The Medford VFW will be hosting a community sock hop on Saturday from 6 to 11 p.m. at its post, 317 Church Road in Medford. Guests can enjoy the musical styling of DJ Tony and a hot buffet dinner from Chef Denny. The cost of the event is $20. For more information, call (609) 654–9823.
At the Jersey Shore
- Ocean City’s Christmas Arts and Handcraft Festival will take place on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier on the boardwalk between 8th Street and 9th Street. More than 75 fine crafters, artists, photographers and gourmet food specialists will be on hand for this event. Every item for sale is made in the U.S. The cost of admission is $3 and benefits the Atlantic City Rescue Mission, Ocean City Food Cupboard and the American Red Cross. For more information, call (609) 365–2239 or visit www.oceancityvacation.com/details/2516-christmas-arts-and-handcraft-festival.html.
- Some of the top youth cheerleaders from around the country will converge on the Wildwoods Convention Center on Sunday. The Spirit Brands American Rec and School Cheerleading Championships will take place at the Wildwoods Convention Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Performances will be choreographed to music and sound effects, and winning teams will be awarded prizes. An admission fee of $15 will be charged the day of event. Visit http://spiritbrands.org/event/636 for more information.
- The Holiday Art Star Craft Bazaar returns in time for the holiday shopping season. The event will take place at the SugarHouse Casino, 1001 N. Delaware Avenue, on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. More than 75 of the best art and craft vendors from around the region will be featured. The entry fee is $3 for adults, $2 from 4 to 5 p.m. and $1 from 5 to 6 p.m. Kids 12 and under are admitted for free. Parking is also free. Visit www.artstarcraftbazaar.com/about-art-star-craft-bazaar-philadelphia for more information.
- The Train Collectors Association Atlantic Division will hold its Thanksgiving Toy Train Show and Sale on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Sheet Metal Workers Union Hall, 1301 South Columbus Boulevard in Philadelphia. There will be a variety of vintage toy trains and parts for sale as well as an operating toy train layout. Food will be available on the premises. Parking is free. The cost of admission is $5 per attendee or $5 per family of two adults and children under 12 years. For more information, visit www.ADTCA.com.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.