Fall festivals will be happening in towns all around the region this weekend, but they aren’t the only events on the calendar. Find out which events will be taking place this weekend.
Around South Jersey
- Downtown Haddonfield will host its annual Fall Festival on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. along Kings Highway and Tanner Street. The event will feature dozens of vendors, a juried craft show, carriage rides, tables with numerous nonprofits and organizations and more. The event is free to attend. Visit www.downtownhaddonfield.com/events for more information.
- Another fall festival will be taking place in Moorestown this weekend. The Autumn in Moorestown Festival is scheduled for Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. along Main Street between Chester Avenue and Church Street. The event features a craft fair, antique and classic car show, pumpkin painting, scarecrow building and more. The event is free to attend. Visit www.moorestownbusiness.com/index.cfm for more information.
- Everything Cinnaminson will be celebrated on Sunday at the annual Cinnaminson Day celebration. The event is slated for Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. at the township’s Wood Park. Dozens of groups and organizations will have tents set up at the event. There will also be a play area for kids, restaurants offering food samples, a car show, shredding service and more. Cinnaminson Day is free to attend. Visit www.cinnaminsonnj.org for more information on the event.
At the Jersey Shore
- Help raise money for the American Cancer Society in Ocean City this weekend at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Ocean City walk on Sunday. The walk begins at 10 a.m. at the 9th Street beach. The event is a three to five-mile walk where participants unite, honor and celebrate breast cancer survivors while raising awareness and funds for the American Cancer Society. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m., with the opening ceremony starting at 9:30 a.m. Visit http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=84639&pg=informational&sid=210230 for more information or to register for the walk.
- The Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts and Humanities will host a Harvest Festival Crafts and Collectibles Show on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cape May Convention Hall, 714 Beach Drive in Cape May. The show will feature crafters and vendors from throughout the region. The show is part of the MAC’s Crafts and Collectibles series of events. Admission is $2 per person. Visit www.capemaymac.org/crafts-collectibles-show for more information.
- The Navy Yard will go to the dogs this weekend for the 11th annual Paws Mutt Strut. The event will be held on Saturday beginning at 11 a.m. at The Navy Yard, 4500 South Broad Street in Philadelphia. Dogs and humans will walk together along a 1.5-mile route at the Navy Yard to raise money for PAWS’ effort to save Philadelphia’s homeless animals. There will also be a pet costume contest, talent contest, agility course, photo booth, live music, food trucks and more. The cost to participate is $25 per person. Participation is free for children 12 and under. Visit https://secure.phillypaws.org/event/11th-annual-paws-mutt-strut/e135939 for more information.
- Celebrate fall this weekend at the Manayunk Harvest Fest. The event will take place on Saturday at Pretzel Park on Silverwood Street in Philadelphia from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The festival includes a slew of activities, including pumpkin carving, a scarecrow contest, live music, food and more. The event is free and open to the public. Visit http://manayunk.com/news-and-events/events/manayunk-harvest-fest-in-pretzel-park.html for more information and a full list of activities.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.